Saturday, January 16, 2010

Platform for Action on International Women's Issues

The catalyst to me going into feminist activism was when I took a course during my MA called "Women, Policy & Justice." The following is from the International Conference on Women in Beijing 1995. It lays out all the problems and proposes solutions, so I actually lost any apathy I once felt and became determined to make way for change. Below is an example of what the Platform encompasses:

Strategic Objectives and Actions:

* Women and Poverty
* Education and Training of
Women
* Women and Health
* Violence against Women
* Women and Armed Conflict
* Women and the Economy
* Women in Power and
Decision-making
* Institutional Mechanism for the
Advancement of Women
* Human Rights of Women
* Women and the Media
* Women and the Environment
* The Girl-child

SEE HERE FOR MORE INFO: http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/beijing/platform/

No comments:

Post a Comment